During the week of no school, due to hurricane Isaac, my family and I had loads of fun. even though we were bored most of the time, we found ways to still laugh and have fun in the dark. One night we didn't have power and my little sister was scared to sleep in her room by herself. Therefore Kate, Anna, and I all decided to sleep on the floor together in the front, so we all got blankets and pillows. By this time, it was already dark and we needed to use flashlights to get around. When all three of us were running down the hall with blankets and pillows in our arms, Kate accidentally stepped on Anna's blanket that she was dragging and she fell forward and hit her face on a chair in the hallway.
Kate and I screamed so loudly because we were so frightened. When Anna finally stopped wailing and crying, we looked at her face and realized it was nothing more than a busted lip. We all were truly relieved that no one had to go to the emergency room during the hurricane. Anna is better now, but we learned not to run down the hall at night time when it is dark.
I like the drama of the story you tell here. Work on showing more, including more vivid concrete details.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a pretty eventful hurricane. I love hanging out with my sister, so I bet you love having two, sometimes. Hope Anna's lip gets better soon and that you have your power back for a long time. Really nice blog!
ReplyDelete